Griffith University will inspire future students to imagine their future and ‘make it matter’ as it rolls out the red carpet for an expected turnout of more than 6,000 at Open Day 2023, Sunday 13 August.
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Education) Professor Shaun Ewen said Open Day is an opportunity to discover what makes Griffith different and what it means to study at a values-led university.
“At Griffith we are strengthening our approach to teaching and learning that reflects our deep commitment to equity, inclusivity, and social and environmental responsibility,” Professor Ewen said.
“Open Day is a fantastic opportunity to explore your academic opportunities, discover Griffith’s diverse range of degrees and receive expert advice on study options.
“Griffith can help you reach your goals, with multiple pathways from which to choose.”.
Head of Future Students Katy Cuskelly said Open Day is a chance to gain hands-on experience with whichever area of study you’re interested in.
“Both Nathan and Gold Coast Campuses are open to explore, allowing the public to get a taste of life at Griffith and engage with Griffith’s vibrant community,” Ms Cuskelly said.
“Join a guided tour on both campuses or feel free to explore on your own.
“Auslan interpreters are available and tours follow accessible routes.”
“Griffith lecturers and current students will be on the ground all day at booths and at various activities to give a firsthand account of what it’s like to learn at Griffith.
“Whichever campus you visit, there’ll be no shortage of opportunities to discover our world-class teaching, research and sporting facilities.”
More than 200 activities, workshops and information sessions throughout the day on both campuses and experts are on hand to discuss student support services, admission pathways, applying and scholarship opportunities.
The Year 12 hub provides an opportunity for Year 12 students and their parents to grab a coffee from the coffee cart and have a one-on-one chat with the Future Students team and current students about study goals and life at uni.
Participants have a chance to win one of three Tech Packs, each worth more than $1,900, which include a Microsoft Surface, mouse, pen, Sony headphones and a 128GB USB.
Open Day activities include:
- Unleash your problem solving skills to unlock the secrets of our health-focused escape room challenge.
- Wildlife booth featuring snakes, turtles, crocodiles, mammals and nocturnal birds
- EcoCentre and Toohey Forest guided tours
- Financial trading rooms demonstration
- Software, electronic, energy and UAV engineering activities
- Griffith Law School skills demonstrations
- Native plant giveaway booth
- Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented reality (AR) simulation studio experience
- Cyber security lab tour
- Nursing lab tour
- Aviation flight procedures lab tour
- Architecture and industrial design studio tour
- Advanced Manufacturing and Prototyping Technologies Institute (ADaPT)
- Saltwater touch tank and sea creatures experience
Create your own personalised itinerary when you register online and dive into the areas of study that interest you the most.
Open Day is at both Nathan and Gold Coast Campuses and parking on the day is free.