Griffith University has kicked off a week of events to celebrate its commitment to going ‘green’.
The week highlights the University’s ongoing efforts to integrate sustainability into its community.
Sustainability Project Officer, Ms Kay Ollett believes Sustainability Week is a wonderful celebration of the University culture.
“This week aims to celebrate Griffith’s commitment to sustainability across all campuses and is a great way for students and staff to engage and get involved.”
Major events will include Green Market Day, staff sustainable morning tea, cheap coffee refills and tours of the EcoCentre and Rare & Threatened plants.
What you can do to get involved:
- Reduce reuse recycle
- Reduce your paper and plastic usage
- Be energy and water efficient
- Use refillable water bottles
- Take your reusable cups for coffee refills on campus
- Use intercampus buses
- Join a carpool at griffith.edu.au/parking/carpooling
- Use public transport where possible
- Study sustainability at Griffith
- Sign up to Griffith’s Sustainability Commitment‐ commit to making small changes every day and help us to reduce our impact on the environment. Sign up at: www.griffith.edu.au/sustainability
For a full list of activities, please visit: