12 Griffith University Health Group staff have received academic promotions as part of the 2012 Academic Promotion Round. Vice Chancellor Professor Ian O’Connor has warmly congratulated all the staff on their well-deserved promotions.
The Health Group promotions comprise:
- Ms Jayne Hewitt, Ms Hazel Rands and Ms Sharon Latimer, from the School of Nursing and Midwifery who have all been promoted to lecturer.
- Dr Caroline Lenette from the School of Human Services and Social Work, who has been promoted to lecturer.
- Dr Surendran Sabapathy from the School of Rehabilitation Sciences who has been promoted to senior lecturer.
- Dr Gary Grant and Dr Shailendra Dukie from the School of Pharmacy who have been promoted to senior lecturer.
- Dr Jess Vanderlelie from the School of Medical Science who has been promoted to senior lecturer.
- Dr Jason Peart from the Heart Foundation Research Centre /School of Medical Science who has been promoted to Principal Research Fellow
- Dr Raj Nair from the School of Dentistry and Oral Health who has been promoted to Associate Professor.
- Dr Tamara Ownsworth from the School of Applied Psychology who has been promoted to Associate Professor.
- Dr Glen Ulett from the School of Medical Science who has been promoted to Associate Professor.
In this year’s round, a total of 64 staff from across the university have been promoted to Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Research Fellow Grade 2, Senior Research Fellow, Principal Research Fellow, Associate Professor or Professor levels.
In accordance with the university’s Promotion Policy, the promotion process is based upon candidates meeting either one of the following criteria:
- meritorious performance across the three areas of research, teaching and service, OR
- outstanding achievement in one of the three areas while meeting a minimum threshold in the other two areas.