By Professor Ian O’Connor, Vice Chancellor
I am very pleased to advise that the University Council has approved the Strategic Plan 2013-2017. A copy can be accessed here.
The new Plan gives expression to the Griffith 2020 agenda and to the vision to further develop Griffith as a university of influence.
The Plan sets out five overarching goals to guide future activity:
1. To provide an excellent educational experience to attract and retain students, who, regardless of their background, will succeed at university and become graduates of influence.
2. To continuously improve our research performance and, through our research, deliver social dividends.
3. To attract and retain excellent staff who, through their teaching, research and professional support, will positively contribute to Griffith’s development as a university of influence.
4. To be a sustainable university.
5. To enhance our engagement with the Asia-Pacific region and to consolidate our reputation as one of Australia’ most Asian-engaged universities.
The new Plan was developed following a University-wide consultation process including briefing sessions on each campus.
I would like to thank everyone for their active engagement in the consultation process and for their valuable contributions to the development of the Strategic Plan.
I look forward to your continuing support over the coming years as we consolidate Griffith’s position as a university of influence.