Griffith University has a new statement of strategic direction – Griffith 2020.
It was developed following wide consultation within the University community and I would like to thank all who made a contribution to it.
The statement lays the foundation for the next decade at Griffith and embraces a new expression of our vision, mission, values and commitments.
The essence of the Griffith 2020 agenda is to further develop our position as a university of influence locally and internationally, particularly in the Asian region. It builds on our current strengths and achievements over 40 years and is characterised by:
- Placing students at the centre of our educational activities to ensure that our programs, processes and campuses are responsive to student needs, and by delivering an excellent educational experience our students will develop their potential and become influential graduates.
- Broadening and deepening our research areas of international excellence and achieving benchmarked performance and impact in these areas (influential research).
- Continuing to focus and grow our campuses.
- Deepening our engagement with the Asian region.
To give effect to the commitment to develop Griffith as a university of influence, there will be five high level goals:
1. To provide an excellent educational experience to attract and retain students who, regardless of their background, will succeed at university and become graduates of influence.
2. To continuously improve our research performance and, through our research, deliver social dividends.
3. To attract and retain excellent staff who through their teaching, research and professional support will positively contribute to Griffith’s development as a university of influence.
4. To be a sustainable university.
5. To enhance our engagement with Asia and the near Pacific and to consolidate our reputation as one of Australia’s most Asian-engaged universities.