We welcome international cooperation in research and of our 1,200 academic staff, approximately 42% come from abroad, and of our 1,100 research higher degree students, 16% come from overseas.
More than 35% of all Griffith research publications are co-authored with an international research collaborator.
Recent major research grant successes in 2006 – 07 include:
• $50 million National Climate Change Adaptation Research Facility;
• $22 million National Adult Stem Cell Centre;
• $16 million Tropical Rivers and Coastal Knowledge Research Hub;
• $18 million ‘Smart Water’ Research Facility;
• $15 million Centre of Excellence in Policing and Security;
• Selection as Queensland node of the Cooperative Research Centre for Cancer Therapeutics; and
• $1.8 million grant to Eskitis Institute (Malaria and African Sleeping Sickness).